Commentary and Headlines from the Top Christian News Sources

Monday, May 12, 2008

Loss of God is Making Us Miserable


Another sign of the times in mother England. This report from the Telegraph of what is causing the general malaise in England is spot on:

"Given all the advances of recent years, we seek to understand why a sense of human wellbeing – happiness if you like – is not more widespread...The faith communities have a great opportunity to lead here, but only if they stop carping and being against everything and start to be more positive. It is as much a message to the faith communities as other opinion formers."

In fact, this is a sign of the times for all Christianity. Why must people remind us to be a religion that is inclusive and more positive? We have become a mere shell of what Christianity was supposed to be. We are so worried about the splinters in everyone else's eyes that we can't imagine uplifting anyone. How can we uplift the masses when there are so many things to rant about?

We have lost our way. It is not for me to make you perfect, or for you to make me perfect (trust me, you couldn't no matter how hard you tried. I should forgive you without your asking. I should love you without your meriting love. I should lift you when you fall and support you on your journey. If I do these things for you, will you not feel the love of Christ and sense the power of the Holy Spirit through me?

To read this article, click here.

0 comments: